Turkey Trot 2014, register below for this year!
Austin Therapy for Girls had the pleasure of presenting at the GENaustin, We Are Girls Conference for the fifth year in a row time the first weekend in November. We enjoyed meeting everyone and had such a great time.
We learned a ton about girls and what they consider their superpower: being smart , being a good friend and also their kryptonite ( what gets in the way of using their superpower) kids saying mean things to them and MATH. We also had a great conversation with adults about resilience in girls: many of them shared resources and ways to connect so we thought we would share some great ideas.
Holiday connecting with the girls in your life:
- Netflix + popcorn : Gilmore Girls starts Friday November 25th Premiere on Netflix.
- See a Holiday Classic | Austin City Ballet www.austincityballet.org/performances.html. Classic Films at the Paramount schedule here.
- Baking night: Kelly and her daughter have done some amazing classes at www.makeitsweet.com
- Several parents have recommended : Yogapeutics www.yogapeutics.com
- Yoga | Yoga for kids DVD
- Jewelry making party | Take a jewelry making class, www.beaditaustin.com, www.classes.michaels.com
- Dance til you drop night!
- Tea and scones + Audrey Hepburn movies
- Mini golf, peterpanminigolf.com
- Spin under the tree at Zilker, Trail of Lights Dec. 10th- 23rd. http://austintrailoflights.org/
- Train for a 5k, then do one together! rungirlrun.com Above picture from the turkey trot, not too late to register ATX Turkey Trot!
- Volunteer together | Austin National Charity League, austinncl.com
- Start a mother/daughter journal or book club, check out Girl Leadership, they have a new resource on creating a bookclub here!