Therapy Groups Based on Brené Brown’s Research and Curriculum
We feel group therapy is the key to helping girls at every age whether they are having friendship struggles at the elementary school level to transitioning to adulthood in their early 20’s. Anxiety, depression and overall self-worth are the focus of our groups. Our experience has found that participating in groups at ATFG has a significant impact on the issues girls face at any age.
Art Journaling Based on the research of Brené Brown
Join ATFG for a 7/8 week art journaling group based on the research and curriculum by Dr. Brené Brown. One of our most popular groups, space limited to only 7 participants. Both Shayna and Kelly are certified facilitators of Brené’s work and have designed groups to met the needs of tween, teen and young adults. Groups tend to fill quickly, reserve your spot today!
The group will use creative projects to explore such topics as:
- Developing self-compassion
- Letting go of anxiety
- Awareness of unhealthy ways of coping with feeling
- Learning relaxation and mindfulness tools
- Practicing friendships skills
- Shame Resilience ( the work of Brené Brown)
Spring Groups starting in January 2019
- 4th/5th Grade Sunday 1/20-03/10 11:00am-noon (8 sessions) FULL
- 5th Grade Group Sundays 1/20-03/10 1:00-2:00pm (8 sessions) FULL
- 6th/7th Grade Sundays 1/20-03/10 2:15-3:15 (8 sessions ) FULL
- 9th/10th Grade Sundays 1/27-03/10 4:00-5:15 (7 sessions) FULL
- 11th/12th Grade Sundays 1/27-03/10 5:30-6:45 pm (7 sessions )
We offer specialized groups based on current client needs and requests from parents, other clinicians and the community. Will add new members in January 2019.
For girls who have had a significant loss in their lives.
For girls who have parents going through separation/divorce.
Dealing with Physical Illness
New group forming in March 2019 for those suffering from physical/chronic illness.
Group Info and Pricing
Our groups are closed groups which means after the first two weeks we do not allow new members into the group. This often helps to keep confidentiality and create the connection to motivate change.
Most groups are 7-10 weeks for maximum results and often clients will request for group to continue after ending.
The fee for group is $60 a session and usually a $50 supply fee depending on the group $290 is charged on the first group, then the remaining fee ( $240) will be charged on the 4th or 5th session.