Teens begin therapy for a variety of reasons. Since some teens are resistant to traditional therapy, we encourage teens to be a part of the treatment process and develop goals based on their current struggles. ATFG focuses on specific treatment for depression, anxiety, self-injury and generally feeling unworthy and inadequate. Developing healthy communication with parents/guardians is also a key to long-term effectiveness of therapy. Often parents/guardians will join the last 10 minutes of a session with the teen’s permission to review tools from the session. Group therapy is encouraged either during or after individual treatment as a way to develop a peer support system for the teen. For a list of current groups, check out our Groups page.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
- Shame Resilience (based on the work of Dr. Brené Brown)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Trained (EMDR) (Shayna Barksdale, LCSW)
Fees for individual therapy range from $150-$175 an hour.