The holidays are here! I cannot believe we are in December and before you know it the new year will be here too. This is a busy time of year for most people, and with a busy schedule we tend to get stress. Here are some quick and easy stress relievers that you and your family can try.
- Make a list and check it twice! Santa makes a list every year and so should you. If you are feeling overwhelmed and wondering how you will get everything done just write it down. Make a short list of things that have to be done right away and just focus on those things. Then maybe when you have more time write a list of things you need to get done before the week or month is over.
- Don’t try and have a perfect anything. If you celebrate Christmas or Kwanzaa and you want it to go just perfect then stop right there! Nothing is perfect not our hair or holiday ham. Just do your best and remember why you celebrate your occasion. Enjoy the food, family, or friends you have around you and make the most of what you have.
- Give yourself time. Time, one thing we are always running out of and never have enough of! We need more time to do our shopping, pick up friends from the airport, or send that holiday card out you bought during black Friday. No matter why you need more time the only way you are going to get it, is by giving it to yourself. So, go on and give yourself time to relax or take a moment to yourself.
- Have fun! We often forget when we are busy to stop and have some fun. There are so many fun and free things to do this month in Austin why not try them out. The kids usually have time off from school and maybe you have some free time this month also. Check out this link for events here in Austin this month click here.
- Be grateful. We all have something to be grateful for during the holidays and throughout the year. It’s not about how many gifts we have under the tree or how many parties we get invited to. Being grateful is a way of living. You take notice of the simple things around you. For example, 75 degree weather in December, seeing people wear Santa hats, or the fact that you made it another year in spite of all the challenges. Look around you for small things that bring joy to your day, month, and year!
We love the Trail of light and traffic will be heavy during December 8th-22nd from 5:00-8:00 pm.