Holiday Fun with Your Daughter
Turkey Trot 2014, register below for this year!
Austin Therapy for Girls had the pleasure of presenting at the GENaustin, We Are Girls Conference for the fifth year in a row time the first weekend in November. We enjoyed meeting everyone and had such a great time.
We learned a ton about girls and what they consider their superpower: being smart , being a good friend and also their kryptonite ( what gets in the way of using their superpower) kids saying mean things to them and MATH. We also had a great conversation with adults about resilience in girls: many of them shared resources and ways to connect so we thought we would share some great ideas.
Holiday connecting with the girls in your life:
- Netflix + popcorn : Gilmore Girls starts Friday November 25th Premiere on Netflix.
- See a Holiday Classic | Austin City Ballet www.austincityballet.org/performances.html. Classic Films at the Paramount schedule here.
- Baking night: Kelly and her daughter have done some amazing classes at www.makeitsweet.com
- Several parents have recommended : Yogapeutics www.yogapeutics.com
- Yoga | Yoga for kids DVD
- Jewelry making party | Take a jewelry making class, www.beaditaustin.com, www.classes.michaels.com
- Dance til you drop night!
- Tea and scones + Audrey Hepburn movies
- Mini golf, peterpanminigolf.com
- Spin under the tree at Zilker, Trail of Lights Dec. 10th- 23rd. http://austintrailoflights.org/
- Train for a 5k, then do one together! rungirlrun.com Above picture from the turkey trot, not too late to register ATX Turkey Trot!
- Volunteer together | Austin National Charity League, austinncl.com
- Start a mother/daughter journal or book club, check out Girl Leadership, they have a new resource on creating a bookclub here!